Plated: Greek Yogurt Cheesecake

7:18 AM

One of the unique things about Plated is that they have a dessert offering. Desserts are $8 for two servings, and are offered at checkout when you're choosing your weekly delivery. We chose Greek Yogurt Cheesecake, because cheesecake is always delicious... Right? 

Sorry for the horrible camera quality. This is one of two recipes I shot on my cell phone. Bad idea!


The Contents:

Ingredients: Cream cheese, butter, graham crackers, sugar, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, and aluminum tins. One egg was also required, but not supplied.



Preparation:


 Step one was to crush the graham crackers and reshape the tins that were likely bent during shipping.


 Combine the graham cracker with a pat of butter.


Press into tins to create the crust and refrigerate until ready to bake.


For the filling, combine the remaining ingredients with half of an egg.


The cream cheese was a little too cold and made the filling lumpy. Unfortunately, this was the point of no return. I couldn't throw it in the microwave without cooking the egg. Not having made a cheesecake before, I didn't really know if lumps were normal. The recipe said mix until "well combined". Oh well...


Bake:

Bake 20-25 minutes until set. Going in:




30 minutes later, because it looked exactly the same at 20 and 25 minutes. Are you set? I don't know... Still lumpy, oops... Let's just throw it in the fridge and hope for the best, yeah? Want some cottage-cheese cheesecake? I'm the best chef ever... Haha.



 Hey, it DID set!


The Verdict:

Meh... My husband and I both thought that the Greek yogurt was a terrible addition. Per the recipe card, it gives the cheesecake "a slight tangier flavor and lighter consistency". It gave it a Greek yogurt flavor, period. I would have preferred regular old cheesecake. When it comes to dessert, I don't need anything fancy. Put sugar in something and I'll eat it. I wish they had stuck to the basics. Their other two dessert choices also had a random ingredient thrown in that made the dish sound questionable. 

In fact, that seems to be the trend with Plated. The Chinese chicken salad seemed like it had one too many herbs thrown in. Did this really need Greek yogurt? And, don't get me started on my last recipe of the box, avocado, quinoa, and mango salad with jalapeno vinaigrette...

Stay tuned for my wrap-up of Plated!

You Might Also Like

0 comments