Home Chef: Sherry Wine Demi-Glace Flat-Iron Steak

7:34 PM

I loved Home Chef so much that I ordered another box from them. Their recipes sound too delicious to pass up.

The first meal I made was: Sherry wine demi-glace flat-iron steak with whipped potatoes and asparagus. Mmm!

The Contents:

Ingredients: Asparagus, garlic cloves, parsley sprigs, russet potatoes, flat-iron steaks, heavy cream, butter, veal demi (what?), and sherry wine


Preparation:

The first step was to prepare the veggies. Slice the ends off of the asparagus, mince the garlic, dice the parsley, and cube the potatoes:
.

Next up was the bring two pots of water to boiling. In one pot, boil the asparagus for 3-4 minutes. Drain the water and saute for 2-3 minutes.


 In the other pot, boil the potatoes until tender. Small gripe: The instructions didn't give a suggested time. I had to Google, because I literally had no idea. Once tender, add cream, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper and mash together:



Cook the steaks:


Finally, prepare the sauce by combining the veal demi, sherry wine, and water.


Finished Product:



Final Verdict:

It looks beautiful, doesn't it? This was very tasty, though my husband and I both realize we aren't fans of flat-iron cuts. Our sirloin steak dinner was much better. I can't complain about that, because how else are we going to know if we've never had it?

Amazing dinner, Home Chef. 10/10!

You Might Also Like

0 comments