Hello Fresh: Charred Garlic-Lime Chicken

8:54 AM

The next Hello Fresh recipe is charred garlic-lime chicken with avocado salsa verde and spiced honey-butter corn. The spiced honey butter was INCREDIBLE and will probably become a staple in our household.

The Contents:

Ingredients: Chicken, avocado, jalapeno, tomatillos, lime (again with the limes...), garlic, shallot, corn, cilantro, honey



I have to admit, I was a little disappointed with the quality of the produce. My jalapeno had mold, my tomatillos were bruised, and my lime was so soft it didn't zest well. Part of me feels like I shouldn't complain because of course the produce is going to bruise during shipping. But, another part of me feels like if I'm paying quite a bit of money for something, it should be of decent quality. 


Preparation:

The very first step was to chop and char the tomatillos:



Next was the usual clean, chop, and zest the produce step:


Season the chicken with olive oil, garlic, lime zest, salt, and pepper. Cook the chicken first in a pan then transfer to the oven:


Char the corn:


Make the avocado salsa verde by combining the tomatillos, cilantro, avocado, lime zest, garlic, shallot, jalapeno, lime juice, salt, and pepper.



The last step was the best. To make the spiced butter, combine butter, honey, jalapeno, salt, and pepper. YUM YUM!



Final Product:


The Verdict:

While I wasn't a huge fan of the salsa, the rest of this dish was absolutely delicious. I ended up putting the spiced butter on everything. It's so tasty! 

9/10 on this one!

The last recipe had to wait an extra day because of the 4th of July holiday. Did the ingredients hold up? How does Hello Fresh fare overall? Stay tuned...

You Might Also Like

0 comments