Home Chef: Parisian Bistro Steak

11:37 AM

The best recipe of my Home Chef box was this recipe, parisian bistro steak with potatoes dauphinoise and green beans. I knew it would be good based on the calorie count alone: 936 calories per serving. MMmmm...


The Contents:

Ingredients: beef base, Parmesan, chives, butter, shallot, heavy cream, green beans, yukon potatoes, sirloin steaks



Preparation:

The first step was to slice the potatoes, chop the onions (excuse me, shallots...) and the chives:


Season the steaks with salt and pepper:



Next, prepare the potatoes. This involved first boiling the potatoes for 8-10 minutes. Next, the cream, half the cheese, shallots, and half the chives were added. This mixture was brought to a boil and then simmered for 5 minutes. After that, the potatoes were put into the oven and baked for another 15-18 minutes.


After baking: 


Next, cook the steaks. Cooking meat still feels like a hit or miss, even with the suggested cook times. At least with Home Chef, the meat portions have matched the pictures.  One steak came out perfect, the other I had to cook a little longer than suggested.


As soon as the steaks were done, I did the last two steps at the same time. These were to cook the beans and prepare the sauce.  The sauce was a wonderful mixtures of beef base (do I even want to know what that is?), remaining shallots, and 1/2 cup water in the steak juice pan.

The green beans were simply sauteed in butter for 7 minutes. These were so tasty!


Final Product:


The Verdict:

10/10, seriously. My husband and I agree that this plate was worth every penny. I didn't even spend that much time taking pictures of the final product because I was so excited to eat it. The potatoes were a little runnier than pictured, so I improvised with plating it in a ramekin. This dish is the main reason we purchased another box from Home Chef. The beef base was incredible over the steak and the green beans. This was so tasty that I didn't have any leftovers. The recipe card is already in my personal cookbook, and we've purchased some green beans for our next non-box dinner. 

This plate was worth all 936 calories. Delicious!






You Might Also Like

0 comments