Home Chef: Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Smoothies

1:14 PM

I want to start out by saying that I love this company. We experienced this box last week and loved it so much that we purchased another for next week. The recipes are quite good, better than Hello Fresh and Plated for sure.


One of my favorite things about Home Chef is that it offers breakfast choices including smoothies, egg scrambles, and fruit baskets. I chose the pineapple upside-down cake smoothies with almond extract and frozen cherries. 


The Contents:

Ingredients: Almond extract, frozen cherries, maple syrup, greek yogurt, frozen pineapple

Why is Greek yogurt so popular in recipes? Is it because it's healthier? I was a little weary of the recipe because I really dislike the Greek yogurt taste.


Preparation:

Blend all ingredients. Easiest recipe yet.


I usually start my day with coffee or a V8 Energy. Since my smoothie was really thick and powdery-tasting (thanks a lot, Greek yogurt), I added V8. It thinned out the smoothie and added a boost of caffeine.


I loved this smoothie! My husband hates pineapple, so I saved the second smoothie for the next day. It "smoothied" right up after a few minutes and a few stirs in my slush mug. Yum!


You Might Also Like

0 comments