Home Chef: Chicken Quinoa Stir-Fry

7:30 PM

As you may or may not know, I ordered ANOTHER Home Chef box! As usual, Home Chef's recipes sounded too good to pass up.

I also had some technical difficulties after upgrading to Windows 10, which is the reason for delay in my postings.

Anyway, on to the recipe! It seems like quinoa is taking over everything, much like turkey has. I've seen quinoa chocolate (surprisingly good!), quinoa granola bars, and pancakes. In this recipe, it takes the place of rice.



The Ingredients:

Ingredients shipped: quinoa, carrot, green onion, red bell pepper, snow peas, chicken breasts, sesame oil, soy sauce, and cashews



Preparation:

Step one was to start preparing the quinoa. From this:


To this:


While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients. The recipe told me to "slice the green onion on a bias" without explanation. I had to stop to Google the phrase. Home Chef - I know nothing! Explain yourself! On the bias = cutting at an angle, about 45 degrees.


 Next up, cook the chicken with half of the soy sauce and sesame oil. I received two bottles of sesame oil. In my haste, I didn't measure to see if one was a duplicate. I just went with it...:


After 2 minutes per side, add the carrots, snow peas, green onions, peppers, and the remaining soy sauce:


Almost done! While that cooks, toast the cashews in a separate pan. Once the veggies and chicken are cooked, stir in the finished quinoa:


The Final Product:


The Verdict:

Yummy! My husband was skeptical of quinoa replacing rice, but he enjoyed it. The dish size was huge, providing leftovers for a few days. While this was good, I do wish it had a little more seasoning of some sort. Overall, this dish was an 8.5/10 for me!

As always, if you would like to give Home Chef a try use this link to receive $30 off of your first box. I think you'll be happy you did! Remember, you can cancel at any time after your first purchase.

You Might Also Like

0 comments